Get to know Foley High School alumna Mrs Horine.
1. Place of birth and year you graduated?
I was born in Fairhope, and I graduated in 2008.
2. Did you participate in any extracurricular activities? Where you any good?
Yes, soccer, President of Interact, Secretary of Student Counsel, FCA, and FTA.
3. Did you go to college, business/tech school after graduation?
Yes I went to Alabama for two years and Auburn for three.
4. What sort of jobs have you done since graduation? Have a favorite?
Chick-fil-A , church day camp, substitute, and then I became a teacher.
5. If you hadn’t become a _____, what might you have done?
I might have been a science teacher.
6. What life lessons has adversity taught you?
To never give up.
7. One or two things you really miss about high school?
Having all of my friends in one place everyday.
8. Who was the person who most influenced you, and how?
My mom. She is my best friend, and she gives the best advice.
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
10. What is one thing you would encourage high school students to do before they graduate?
Take your ACT’s, get all of your friend’s phone numbers, and thank your parents.
11. The best advice you would give a 20-year-old would be?
Start saving money in a 401k.
Thanks for letting us get to know you, Mrs. Horine, and best wishes from the Foley Lion’s Roar.