Get to know Foley High School alumna Angela Maurin Goff!
1. Place of birth and year you graduated Foley High School?
I was born in 1977. I graduated in 1995.
2. Did you go to college, business/tech school after graduation?
I went to Spring Hill and the University of Phoenix.
3. What sort of jobs have you done since graduation? Have a favorite?
I have been Assistant Controller of a bank, Internal Auditor for a bank and now I am Internal Auditor for Baldwin EMC.
4. If you hadn’t become a _____, what might you have done?
I might have become a Marine Biologist or a Mental Health professional.
5. What life lessons has adversity taught you?
Adversity in my life has taught me that we only get one life. Live for right now and enjoy today. There are blessings and lessons in every situation if you are looking with the correct perspective. We are put here to serve others not to serve ourselves.
6. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I really want to go to Ireland or Greece.
7. What is one thing you would encourage high school students to do before they graduate?
I would encourage high school students to learn to be accountable and to persevere. These two qualities will take you great distances on your journey.
8. The best advice you would give a 20-year-old would be?
The best advice for a 20 something – Don’t sweat the small stuff. Life is not going to go as you plan it no matter what you do – so let His word guide you – give your best effort.
If you graduated from Foley High School and would like to be profiled, use this link for more information.
Thanks for letting us get to know you, Angela, and best wishes from the Foley Lion’s Roar.