by: Brianna LaCoste
Disney released a streaming network available for download on Android and Apple devices, Chromecast, PS4, Xbox One, Roku, in your web browser, and soon on the Nintendo Switch.
The Disney+ app is $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year. Paying for the whole year at once is the equivalent of paying $5.83 a month (that saves you 16%.) Disney Plus has nearly 500 movies and 7,500 television episodes.
Disney Plus includes:
- Original Content (not available anywhere else)
- Pixar movies and shorts
- Hit movies and shows from Fox (The Simpsons, Avatar, 10 Things I Hate About You, Never Been Kissed and more)
- All things Mickey, duh, of course!
- Disney Channel original movies and shows
- Marvel movies and shows
- Star Wars movies and shows
- National Geographic movies and shows
- Out of the Vault special features
So the bad news is, this service is going to cost you more money beyond what you were already paying for streaming services at this point.
However, there are many positive reasons to pay more money.
- Disney has pulled content from other streaming services such as Netflix for use on Disney+.
- The old school Disney movies that are in the vault are released occasionally for purchase, but they are typically in the $20-$30 price range; many of these are available on Disney Plus.
- Disney+ includes the original, remakes, and sequels of many of your favorites such as Freaky Friday, Parent Trap, Cinderella, and much more.
So me, being the tight-wad I am, I believe this is the perfect streaming service for any family members and all Disney fanatics, which means you should grab the crowbar to open your wallet and deal with the pain of another $6 payment each month.